Today we’ve got explorer, storyteller as well as producer & host of TV travel docuseries, Fly Brother, Ernest White II on the show.
And what a pleasure it was slowing down with this guy. He quite literally may be the GREATEST storyteller I have ever met. And on this episode he shares stories, experiences and most importantly learnings from the over 70 countries that he has visited.
We explore all of the following:
– How his passion for experiencing different cultures and storytelling started and his journey to his current role as the host of a world travel show based in connection
– How everything he has done has come from a deeply rooted love for people
– How seeing over 70 countries has led Ernest to realize the “oneness” present amongst all human beings
– An experience that he had in Tajikistan that drove him to realize that people have basic goodness within them and encouraged him to open himself up more
– Why it is so powerful and underrated to simply recognize and see the humanity in someone else
– What is “Slow Travel”
– How the current world centred on efficiency, social media and the “quick hit” has affected the way in which we as people experience travel
– How we can adopt practices of Slow Travel to heighten the connection and presence of our experience when travelling
– Why we should ditch our “to-do lists” when travelling
– Why it is a GOOD thing to be OK with “missing out” sometimes
– The power of SPONTANEITY and how we can make space for this in our trips (and in our day to day lives)
– How we can find ROMANCE when travelling and in our daily lives and how fulfilling this can be
– How in periods of stress, the power that can be found in telling ourselves “nothing is wrong”
– Why in hindsight, the toughest times in our lives are usually the times that we are MOST grateful for
To connect with Ernest, please see below!
Available on public TV and Create TV in the US (And hopefully in Canada soon!)