Want to become a better public speaker (or just a better communicator in general)? Then you’re going to want to tune in for this one.
Today we’ve got communication expert and Founder of MasterTalk, Brenden Kumarasamy on the show! This guy was coaching C Level Executives on how to public speak at the ripe age of 23 and has worked with organizations like IBM and McGill University to create more effective speakers. We dig into all of the following (and much more):
– Why most of the current advice out there around public speaking is “garbage”
– How to deal with the fear and anxiety around public speaking (and why most advice masks the condition as opposed to getting to the root cause)
– Why primary school does not put us in a position to succeed at public speaking
– Why the PERCEPTION that we have of public speaking is everything
– How REPETITION is the tool the best speakers in the world use to master their craft
– How to rock your next business presentation
– What we should focus on when giving a presentation
– How “we are mirrors” when it comes to communication
– How you can go about crafting your own unique pre-presentation routine
– What mindset sets the elite speakers apart from the OK speakers
– An easy exercise that can make you an excellent speaker (and more effective communicator)
– How to stop being so monotone in presentations
And SO much more.
Sit down, take a few DEEP breaths and Slow Down, Man… Enjoy!
To connect with Brenden from MasterTalk: